Friday, December 9, 2011

Will teaching others to drive a manual transmission on my new car cause any significant damage?

I just got a new Honda Fit and was planning on teaching my 2 brothers how to drive with the manual transmission this weekend. I expect a lot of bumpy starts and plenty of stalls. My question is how much will this really damage the transmission? Thanks!|||It probably won't damage the transmission unless they over-rev the engine in the wrong gears, but they may be damaging the clutch if they're constantly riding the clutch. Hondas have very light clutches so it shouldn't be very hard to teach your brothers how to drive on your car.





Good luck with the lessons! I want a Honda Fit myself!|||It shouldn't damage your transmission maybe a little wear on the clutch start them off in a flat parking lot|||you have to worry about ground gears and a possible blown engine with dangerous revs

No comments:

Post a Comment