Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Transmission??

My 2002 Dodge Neon has been acting strange lately and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if my transmission is going out or is it just a side effect from the flush and fill the car lot where I bought it did. Once Im driving and I begin to stop somewhere around 20 25 miles an hour is tugs rather hard as its down shifting once Im stopped and the car begins to idle it shakes like its trying to die but if I put it in nutruel it stops shaking and runs like normal...please help!!|||Have someone you know check the level,if it's been overfilled it can make it act this way,it's very important to have the correct level.too much and too little fluid causes erractic shifting.|||From your description, i think that your shifting gear got problem.


I once encounter this problem before, it's either your gear box oil is running out, or it had malfunctioned.


Better go to the workshop to check it out.|||Sounds like something is keeping the torque converter locked up. I would have it diagnosed as soon as possible before it becomes a major repair. It's possible there is just a wire that has come lose on the transmission and it needs to be reconnected. Have it checked out TODAY..|||You need to have it checked, but it could be idle control or throttle position sensor, it doesn't do it in neutral because there is no load on engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment