Friday, December 9, 2011

Why is a leaking gasket in the transmission a non serviceable item?

'03 911 turbo developed a leak in transmission. Dealer says Porche does not make replacement gaskets for the transmission. The entire transmisson has to be replaced.|||I recall that the dealer is not equipped to overhaul or even disassemble the manual turbo transmission. They can only remove and replace. It makes sense that the gaskets would not be available. I think there are some independent trans shops that can handle it.





You don't say where the leak is, but a tiptronic with a pan gasket leak, I would make my own gasket.|||Thanks for the replies to my tranny question (leaking gasket). I agree "Tee" had the best answer, though all were appreciated. Oh yes, tranny was replaced. Thanks, Porsche.

Report Abuse


|||Anything other than the pan gasket and there is a lot of work pulling the tranny apart. I would try and get a second opinion if possible.|||Tiptronic or stick?

No comments:

Post a Comment