Friday, December 9, 2011

How much should a transmission slipping repair cost me?

My 1990 Honda Accord (automatic, not standard)has over 200,000 miles on it so I know it's old and due for some sorta problems. My friend told me is sounds as if the transmission is slipping. When I drive it sounds funny and when I put it in park it gets stuck and wont go back into drive unless I jerk the handle. It just started about 1 week ago, I can't have it fix until my next paycheck 2 weeks from now. I am in college and can't afford to buy another used car or payments on a new one. I live in Houston, TX and can't afford to get ripped off, so how much should this cost me to repair?|||a couple of cheapo tricks to try. check the fluid level. lube the linkages. drain and refill the tranny and then drive it a while, repeat 2 or 3 times [ this will get almost all of the tranny fluid changed since draining does not get the juice in the torque converter] costs between $3 and $100 depending on how much fluid you need.|||If you have trans problems it's better off to get rid of the car. I paid 3500.00 to get my trans fixed. It's costly. Don't keep driving it until you get it fixed. My car stalled on me and lucky it was in front of my house. When the transmission slips you could really get hurt. Call around and ask people at the honda place who they would recommend to get your trans fixed but don't keep driving it as it cost me more money because I kept using the car.|||Tough answer its costly maybe 2000.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment