Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What are the benefits of a Transmission flush for your automobile?

Can you notice a difference besides it just being good for your long life of your transmission and engine? I'm wondering. I was going to get me a transmission flush for my car, will I notice a difference in the way it runs afterwards that will seem better?|||The most common reason a transmission flush does damage to a car is because of its age, or lack of maintenance. As long as your car has been serviced regularly, you should be fine having it done.


However, before you do it - pull your tranny dipstick and smell it. If it smells burnt you are probably already too late, and a tranny flush could finish off your transmission by loosing up the sludge that is holding it all together. If the fluid smells ok - and still shows sign of its original pink color, then a flush is not a bad idea. Flushes should be considered part of routine maintenance, say, every 50,000 miles or so. This should prolong the life of your tranny, but it will not make your car suddenly perform better.


|||Like he said, a transmission flush could remove the grime that is holding your parts together. On the other hand, when I got the flush, I noticed a drastic change in the shifting and overall responsiveness in my car. Granted the fluid was like mud.|||No, i think a transmission flush, dislodges all the grime and screws up the transmission. I don't recommend doing it, same thing goes for the engine flush.|||New fluid, new filter, rids the tranny of harmful particles that can stop up your orifices and wear the tranny further. It should be done at least at 100,000 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment