Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do you know when your transmission is gone?

I have a 1990 Toyota Celica GT, Manual Transmission. I can not move the car at all. I can shift but no movement, I can not on the other hand reverse, it grinds the gears. I am pretty sure the transmission is gone BUT my mother thinks otherwise. Any advice?|||sounds like the clutch is southbound and gone|||I think your clutch is worn out. You're asking an awful lot to get more than 19 years on a clutch.|||It is possible the clutch is bad, just replace that. Manual transmissions rarely go bad, the clutch disk just wears out.|||You need a new clutch and pressure plate...Check the fluid in the clutch master cylinder and make sure it is working..If so you need the clutch and pressure plate......

No comments:

Post a Comment