Friday, December 2, 2011

What would cause a manual transmission car to lose clutch control and also simultaneosly not start now?

While driving on the highway (5th gear), the car seemingly drops its transmission/clutch. In all gears, it just revved up with the gas pressed. I thought my clutch just went. I pull over and turn the car off. I then tried to start it and all I get is a chugging crank. It tries to turn over but struggles with a whirring type noise. I took off the transmission. From all appearances, clutch is fine. I can manually turn the input shaft and see the drive shaft mesh turn also. Flywheel appears fine. I can manually turn flywheel and see crank turn on opposite side of engine. Starter teeth are fine. No weird internal noises were heard when the highway incident occurred. What the hell happened to my car? Two unrelated problems at once?|||very interesting...





check if the camshaft turn together with the crankshaft.(timing belt check)





rise the rear tires(not touching the floor) then engage the first gear of the transmission and try to start the engine.Tires MUST turn





my believed is :two things might happen.....





transmission input gear went off(broken,stripped) then because "lack of resistance" the timing belt took it.|||Clutch brake ?


The one on our big rig went out and caused a similar starting problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment