Friday, December 2, 2011

What can happen if you overfill an automatic transmission?

I drive a 1994 Chrysler Concorde with a 3.5L 6Cyl engine, and I recently ran into some transmission problems. On further inspection, I discovered that my transmission fluid was overfilled. The aforementioned problem is the transmission slipping. Could this attributed to the overfilling? Please help me!|||it sure can cause slipping and also you have a chance or blowing the seals too. here,s what you can do. take off 1 of the lines on the radiator and stick the line into a glass jar or something and crank the engine. stop cranking when you figure the jar is full enough. i did that a few times. it,s better then dropping the pan.|||Your best bet is to take the car to your local mechanic and have them go through it and make sure how bad it is. Sounds to me that you have burnt up a clutch inside of your transmission. That is why it is slipping. What ever you do it is not a cheap fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment