Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What kind of transmission should i put in my 1968 mustang coupe with a 351 cleveland?

I want to have a 4 speed or 5 speed. Any suggestions welcome. And where could i get this transmission for a good price?|||I'd go with a C-4. The C-6 is strong, but heavy and is a power robber. If it's just a street car and the motor is pretty much stock a C-4 will be fine. If it's a track-only drag car then a BUILT C-4 from PA or Art Carr is the way to go. Choose a converter based on your driving habits and power level.|||Get a C-6 from a salvage yard, late 70's Ford Van will work..or convert a T56 Tremac..



Specialty Performance Parts, 5 and 6 speed Transmission ...

We feature the Tremec t5 and TKO in our 5-Speed Systems and the Tremec t56 in our 6 ... important to me because I wanted to buy a complete transmission system to convert ...



http://www.americanpowertrain.com|||I used an AOD and 9.5" converter behind my Boss 351C in my '86 T-Bird....... If you want a manual......look for Pro-Motion industries on E-Bay...... I have one of their 2.95 low-gear close ratio T5's (good to 450 HP) in my "92 GT...the 5-speed has a .59 OD 5th gear....... 2,000 RPM @ 75 MPH with a 26" tire and 3.55's...the 5 -speed will set you back about $1,000.|||a c-6 would be your best bet. you can put a FMX in it but a c-6 is a stronger transmission. try the junk yards. if you have to you can get 1 out of a newer car like in the 70s.|||@ colin... The ones on here don't cost you anything they are free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment