Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Transmission?

I have a four cylinder transmission, and it is automatic. When I drive it seems the gears from 1st to 2nd are getting stuck. I took it to a local transmission business, and they said that 2nd to 3rd were getting stuck and I should get it fixed fast. Estimated cost 995 dollars. I got a second opinon and they told me to try this product made by Lucas, and it helps fix the slip in transmissions. I am not sure if what to do? I heard the product was good. Should I get 2 bottles of it? Please help!!|||I am a bit fuzzy on exactly what is meant by "getting stuck" but I'll assume you mean it is taking a long time to upshift. My advice is to do something simple first, if you haven't already. Flush and change the transmission fluid and also change the filter. Being an '02 vehicle, I find it hard to believe that it would be slipping that badly from wear, though it is possible. A fluid flush and fill, along with a new filter, might just help you a lot. If it's still sticky, then try the Lucas conditioner. It won't hurt and might help...and what I've suggested is a bunch cheaper than the $995 number you were quoted.





And yes, the fluids are added through the dipstick tube; that's why it has a wider opening than the oil dipstick.





Hope this helped.|||Try the bottle and get a second or third opinion. Sometimes it's cheaper to replace the transmission and you will have a warranty.|||no additive will ever stop a transmission from slipping.. not even lucas.....i should know i have a transmission shop.... need more info what kind of car is it and what year?|||u will have to read the instructions on the bottle for required quantity.... however there are a number of transmission 'repair in a bottle' type fluids that can help with early slipping and sticking transmissions..... most of them do work....|||Lucas dose make good products my point of view is if the transmission has problems and needs major repairs it wont hurt to try the lucas product in it....Make sure if you do get the trans fixed look into the price and warranty differnce beteween a re-built transmission and a re-manufactured transmission...|||well i think it sounds like your transmission may have some trash in there somewheres. how long has it been if ever have you changed the fluid an filter on the tranny? i would take it to the shop or have someone that knows what they are doing change the fluid an filter. an yes lucas makes very good products i use them myself. actually you add it to your oil that you will put in it, as an additive. it just mite help you in your situation. good luck|||the lucas is exellent . but might have the trans filter changed and have them put the lucas in when they fill the trans back up . one bottle will probably be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment