Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why my automatic transmission is getting hard only in the afternoon?

I have to drive 20 km to my job in the morning. When I use reverse for parking I can move the lever easily. In the afternoon, when I get back home (same distance) and I am going to park, transmission is hard to put in reverse or parking position. Every time I go to see a mechanic everything is OK and the guys laugh as I am crazy or something worse.|||Trans flush wouldn't help changing from drive to reverse or park. Strange problem sorry don't know what to tell you besides its not a fluid problem waybe the shifter cable somehow.|||Sounds like you need a transmission flush and new transmission filter.|||if you have a floor shifter you probable spilled some pop or Coffey in it, when it heats up it gets worse. very sticky, almost sounds like plastic breaking|||your not crazy or anything,it might actually have a shift cable stretching out on it causing this to happen usually it can be adjusted back out of it,but if it stretches bad enough it will have to be replaced,probably the reason it doesn't do it in the morning is because its cooled off,once it sets in the heat all day long it can ,make a difference in it,id take it somewhere and see if they could adjust it,that may be all it needs,good luck with it hope this helps.|||You wouldn't by any chance be parking on a sloped hill? This would cause the same symptoms you've described. Try putting the parking brake on, before putting it in park

No comments:

Post a Comment