Friday, December 2, 2011

What is a good Manual Transmission for a 2003 Ford Mustang V6?

See I have an automatic transmission and I wanna swap it out for a manual. I'm planning on changing out the headers, and adding a CAI and cat-back exhaust. Maybe a turbo later on so I would like to know of a good transmission with a high horsepower and torque rating and a price estimate, thanks!|||4 speed with overdrive.|||The T-5 is your best bet. Ford used this trany in all of the mustangs in the 80's and 90's. They are very dependable. I put one in my GT. There is a place in GA, called mustang parts specialties. www.stangparts.com. They have everything you will ever need for a mustang, new and used. Thats where I get all my parts. And there cheap too.|||sorry there is only one manual that will bolt up directly and it the stock 5 speed, the bright side is you can beef that up. The v-6 should not make that much power that it will blow the tranny. oh i think that the t-5 ,or t-45 for newer cars, for the v-6 and the v-8 have a different bellhousing. If not the t-56 6 speed is the top dog for power|||My personal advice sell it buy a V8 5spd save alot of money.





If u want a V6 for fuel economy forget after all those mods it will be the same mileage as a V8 and make only similar power.|||You could add a B%26amp;M power shifter instead of the manual, that way you get the fun and control of manual shifting without the hassle of using a clutch. It also doubles as an automatic - great when stuck in rush hour traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment