Friday, December 2, 2011

How much does it cost for a new transmission for a 1997 Jeep Cherokee?

I'm planning to change my Jeep Cherokee's old transmission for a new one, well the transmission is still working good, but I can feel it like doesn't have enough power. It's an automatic transmission. Any suggestions? By the way the mileage of my engine is 150052 miles.


I don't know if that have to do with that I think it does. I don't know so much about mechanic cars, that's why I need your help guys...Thanks a lot!!!|||transmissions really don't give the car its power, the engine is what will give you the power loss problems. but if it is the transmission you could have it rebuilt at aamco. they charge $999 to rebuild your transmission and you get a year warranty. but you may have an electronically controlled transmission, so the cost may be higher.(call them for details)


also, make sure that you (if you have not) change your oil, spark plugs (distributor and plugs possibly as well), air/fuel filters. and add some injector cleaner to your gas tank before you have any work done to the transmission. also, have the transmission flushed. this should cost less than $200 and will increase your cars performance. DO NOT GO TO MIDAS OR OTHER CHAIN MECHANICS. they overcharge 3 times over. go to a local small time mechanic with a good reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment