Friday, December 2, 2011

Is a transmission range sensor also called a neutral safety switch?

I have 1994 olds 88 that jerks when I'm stopped in traffic or at a red light. Transmission range seems to be to everyone I talk to, even the parts dealership.|||First I would have to say you are going to have to have someone actually look at it to determine if its actually Transmission related or as the post above me stated could it be engine related?





I was going along the lines with the Powertrain Control Module which controls the Engine and the Transmission. Which could be leading you to think its just the transmission. I would go get it checked, bottom line is on some of these vehicles it may cost some money, but not as much if your just guessing.|||actually the neutral safety switch can be part of the range select switch, but that would not give you a jerking sensation.|||are you sure its not a "missfire" condition?

No comments:

Post a Comment