Saturday, November 19, 2011

How long to change a transmission in a 94 Civic?

I have a 94 Civic with a 5 speed manual that I am starting to hear what sounds like failing release bearing sounds. Being that you have to basically split the transmission in half to change that stupid bearing, I don't know if it would be worth doing to my transmission that has 190000 miles on it. If I could find another good transmission, how long do you think it would take a good mechanic to change it?|||Actually, you do not have to take the transmission apart to change the release bearing. Just simply remove the transmission and it's there. I would also recommend changing the clutch, check the engine rear main seal, and front transmission seal while you're there. You would need to do these if you change the transmission anyway.|||less than an hour and a half if they lift the car up. For my 92 civic CX wen i changed the clutch they had to drop the tranny and if your just swaping trannys then its the same job without playing with the clutch n flywheel|||You do NOT split the case to replace a release bearing. Who ever told you that, they LIED! The release bearing is at the clutch disc. i can do one in about 4 hours.|||it depends

No comments:

Post a Comment